The use of kraft boxes in retail packaging is very popular right now. The eco-friendly, natural look of kraft paper creates a feel all on it’s own. Most kraft paper is made from 99% post consumer recycled material making it not only visually appealing but easy on the environment. The natural look and feel of kraft paper changes the overall look and feel of a simple print design.
Kraft paper is great and a lot of people have been very successful using it for their packaging but kraft paper can have it’s limitations.
Limitations of Kraft Paper:
- It is often hart to get the color to pop on kraft paper because of the light brown base and the course feel .
- Sometimes the kraft paper is not thick enough for the product
- A heavier coating might needed for their specific product that cannot be applied to kraft paper
- There are a limited amount of kraft paper looks or offerings
Let’s Get Krafty!
There are multiple ways to achieve the natural look of a natural product through the use of print. By utalizing a natural pattern in the background of your design, you can achieve multiple things, such as:
- Vibrant colors in your logo and design
- Wood background
- Cork background
- Fabric background (such as linen, burlap, or denim)
- Shaded or varied colors of kraft paper
- Heavier (18pt) paperboard
- …the design possibilities are endless with digital print!
At YourBoxSoltuion.com, we have all of these options! Contact us today for more information, to request samples, or receive a quote.